10. No matter how closely I follow the recipes, my food will NEVER EVER look that pretty. I regret to inform you that I have made both of the following dishes, and the photos set me up for major disappointment.
9. “OMG SUPER EASY DIY” is such a lie. Maybe it would be easy for Martha Stewart, but the rest of us are boarding the bus to struggle city.
8. I am constantly convinced that I need to do things like make a cheese grater into an earring holder and buy an ungodly number of mason jars and wash my hair with mayonnaise. The actual value of these activities is immeasurably small.
7. Real talk: there should be no place where a twenty-year-old single female is encouraged to plan her wedding.
Pinterest is going to create a lot of bridezillas. I will be one of them.
6. I spend hours looking at tattoos. Tattoos are expensive. I want them all. This is a situation with which I am not pleased.
5. STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE ME THAT I CAN GET SIX PACK ABS IN HALF AN HOUR. YOU ARE A DIRTY LIAR.
(I also take a lot of issues with the many “thinspiration” boards on Pinterest. However, I will get into that another time as to keep the mood of this post light and humorous.)
4. This is what I want my college apartment to look like. That’s not too unrealistic, is it?
3. I often find myself dreaming that I live in a world where things like mustard yellow pants or five-inch color block heels or floral bandeaus would be of some practical use to me.
And also where I could pull them off.
Sadly, that world exists only in the confines of my own mind, and on Pinterest.
2. Single me feels even more depressed while lusting after shirtless celebrities.
A level of cuteness the world just isn’t ready for.
Well done, Pinterest. You win this round.