1. I’m already running out of ideas. My 21 years of life have apparently been insufficient in providing me with good anecdotes.
2. Writing is awesome, but I’m pretty sure all my non-writer friends think I’m nuts. This will probably be a common theme for the remainder of my days.
3. Sometimes, my best work isn’t the piece I spend two days revising, but rather the piece I spend 20 minutes on while trying to avoid doing my math homework. Exhibit A: this post, which was Freshly Pressed this week, didn’t even get proofread before I published it. Happy accident?
4. No matter how weird my ideas are, I always get at least one comment that says something along that lines of “me, too!” So apparently I’m not as strange as I thought. That’s a relief.
5. Meeting people in blogging communities is actually not creepy! I always thought of internet friends as the worst kind of stranger danger, but I’ve met some AMAZING people through yeah write. Bloggers are the best.
6. Someday, this blog will be the basis of my memoir. I always kind of knew that, but I know it even more certainly now.
7. Apparently I’m funny? Not sure what to do with that one.
8. Words have the power to connect people. Across continents, generations, and centuries. They can be anyone’s words. They can be mine.
9. Everybody has a story worth telling. Good writing is just finding the right way to tell it.