1. I believe in lazy Sundays. Sometimes I believe in 6AM, but not on Sundays. Once a week the world can wait a few hours while I continue to dream.
2. I believe in hot, strong coffee. Bitter and black. I believe that cream and sugar taint its magic.
3. I believe in family. Not just the ones we’re born into, but the ones we create for ourselves as well. I believe in the power of a family’s unconditional love.
4. I believe in failure. Lessons are learned through failure that can’t be learned any other way. I believe there is no success without defeat.
5. I believe in whining a little and crying a little and being a little stubborn and being a little jealous. We can’t be perfect all the time. We can let ourselves be a little bit human.
6. I believe in snowball fights. I believe in snowpants and hats with earflaps and warm, steaming mugs of hot cocoa.
7. I believe in soul mates. But I don’t believe that everybody has exactly one. Some souls need a whole bunch of others to be complete, and some can be complete all on their own. Any of those are okay.
8. I believe in storytelling. One lifetime is not nearly enough adventure to satisfy us, and that is why we read.
9. I believe in the uncertainty of the future. It is impossible to be sure what tomorrow will bring. That’s good. I believe we should be kept on our toes.
10. I believe in the beauty that surrounds us every day. I believe that all people and places and things have a unique light that is so often ignored. It is only by letting each of them shine that the cracks in the world open to us the brightness of being alive.